Today, we compare two LED grow light companies: KIND and Viparspectra. Ever since soil-less agriculture has emerged, crops grown indoors, be it via hydroponics or aeroponics, have been showing great improvements physically and health-wise. Among available grow kits on the market, various companies have continued to innovate one of the most important factors in indoor growing – creating a reliable LED light.
A variety of bulb types can be used as grow lights, amid them are fluorescent lights, high-intensity discharge lamps (HID), incandescent, and light-emitting diodes (LED).
LED grow lights produce wavelengths that have the ability to provide a full spectrum creating a key component to plant growth. Given the delivery and cost factor, LED grow lights have a key role in the indoor growing market. Most plants should be exposed to sufficient amount of light, 12 to 16 hours of light and at least 8 hours of darkness on a daily basis.
There are numerous brands of LED grow lights on the market right now, but not all of them possess the qualities of a good grow light. Companies can differ based on the quality of material used, how in-depth their research is and of course giving time to build a reputation based on grower experience.
Based on our research, we decided to compare two popular LED grow light manufacturers on the market – KIND LED and Viparspectra.
KIND LED vs. Viparspectra LED Grow Lights
KIND is an American LED grow light company that targets the higher end of the market and is one of the best indoor LED grow lights in the grow light industry that helps you to grow plants in the shortest timeframe without increasing your electricity bill. This Privately Held company was founded in the year 2012 and based in Santa Rosa, California, by experienced growers who have exploited traditional HID lighting to achieve incredible yields and top quality harvests. While their prices vary, KIND LED grow lights come currently sell under the K3 series which are powered by 3w diodes and K5 series which are powered by 3w and 5w diodes. Below we’ll have a look at the type of products they offer:
- The KIND 300w LED K3 L300 Grow Light for Indoor Plants: This 3w diode wattage LED light has a size of 15”x11”x3”, weight of 13lbs, the actual wattage of 220w and total diodes of 90 and with a price of $595.00.
- The KIND 450w LED K3 L450 Grow Light for Indoor Plants: This is also a 3w diode wattage LED light which has a dimension of 20”x11”x3”, a weight of 16lbs, the actual wattage of 270w, total diodes of 120 and footprint of 2.5’ x 3.5’. The KIND LED k3 L450 comes with an actual price of $745.00.
- The KIND 1000w LED K5 XL1000 Grow Light for Indoor Plants: This is a perfect mix of 3w and 5w diode wattage with a dimension of 26”x20”x3.5”, a weight of 36lbs, actual wattage of 650w, total diodes of 320 and footprint of 5’ x 5’. The KIND LED K5 XL1000 boasts of an extra-large footprint that surpasses those of competing LEDs comes with an actual price of $1,499.99.
- The KIND 600w LED K3 L600 Grow Light for Indoor Plants: This innovative series of LED grow light comes with a combined timer that allows feigning sunrise and sunset by the IR diodes. This 3w diode wattage LED light has a size of 25”x11”x3”, weight of 20lbs, the actual wattage of 320w and total diodes of 150 and with a price of $895.00.
Viparspectra is owned and operated in Guangdong, China by the Chinese company Shenzhen Bailuo Tech., Ltd. Based on the quality of their LED lights, they currently serve the mid-market designed to provide affordability without compromising the quality. With the growing trend indoor growing, they have a quite number of products they offer using a combination of both Bridgelux and Epileds who make quality chips and are shown below:
- Viparspectra 1200W LED Grow Light (V1200): This product of Viparspectra has dimensions of 19.2 x 19.2 x 3 inches, item weight of 21.6lbs, LEDs angle of 90 degrees, Lifespan of 100,000 hours and frequency of 50-60Hz.
- Viparspectra 900W LED Grow Light (V900): This LED grow light has dimensions of 15.8 x 15.8 x 2.75 inches, item weight of 15.8lbs, LEDs angle of 90 degrees, Lifespan of 100,000 hours and also the frequency of 50-60Hz.
- Viparspectra PAR600 LED Grow Light: This product of Viparspectra is technically constructed to keep the balance of the PAR coverage and output with an average power draw of 285watt, optical lens angle of 90 degrees, Lifespan of 100,000 hours and frequency of 50-60Hz.
- Viparspectra Reflector-Series 900W LED Grow Light: This product of Viparspectra has dimensions of 22 x 12.6 x 3 inches, item weight of 14lbs, LEDs angle of 90 degrees, Lifespan of 100,000 hours and frequency of 50-60Hz.
Viparspectra also offers the following products: Viparspectra 600W LED Grow Light (V600), Viparspectra 300W LED Grow Light (HP300), Viparspectra PAR700 Dimmable LED Grow Light, Viparspectra PAR1200 Dimmable Series 1200W LED Grow Light, Viparspectra Timer Control VT600 600W LED Grow Light, Viparspectra Timer Control VT600-S 600W LED Grow Light and Viparspectra Reflector-Series R300 300W LED Grow Light.
Overall, these two companies are a solid choice for the beginner to experienced growers who are interested in growing comfortably indoor with a quality grow light at affordable price points.